Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

Do you know the feeling you get when you happen to look up from your menial tasks and see that it's snowing outside? It's sort of a fluttery-excited-your-heart-starts-to-jingle kind of a feeling. I got that feeling yesterday!

No, it didn't snow. It rained!

I thought a pot was boiling over on the stove, but dinner was in check. It took Marshall and I a couple minutes to figure out what the noise was. Finally he happened to look up from aforesaid menial tasks and noticed that it was raining. We stood on our balcony like giddy teenagers watching the rain coat the streets with a silver sheen. We couldn't stop smiling as we drove to Shabbat service, admiring the patterns of rivers on our windshield. I even urged Marshall to park a little further away than what was available just so we could enjoy the rain longer.

*sigh*

It rained!

No comments: